Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New every morning

[19] Remember my affliction and my wanderings,
the wormwood and the gall!
[20] My soul continually remembers it
and is bowed down within me.
[21] But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
[22] The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
[23] they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
[24] “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

(Lamentations 3:19-24 ESV)


Emily and I are finishing our first full week back to work since finding out the news.  In fact tomorrow is my last day as a resident.  We are still finding people at work who haven't heard, or who are experiencing the story over again when they see us.  I find myself sharing the story in the same way.  It is a good story, and testimony to God's goodness even in what looks like suffering.  However, I wonder if I sound like a broken record to some who have heard our story a few times.

That is what I am hoping this blog does for me.  It should help me process my thoughts and my musings on the word of God so that He can continue to use this is our lives and to glorify himself to others through it.

Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment