Friday, June 24, 2011

Too many options

Family's all here now.  There haven't been as many tears as I expected.  That's a good thing.  Though it has been comforting for everything to be relatively normal in our family relationships, again, I don't want to lose the urgency to make the gospel clear.

"Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.  But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin."  Heb 3:12-13

Lord, glorify yourself in us.

I also have been more confused now that we have more options.  I received a phone call from a neurosurgeon at MD Anderson who was very gracious to spend 30 minutes on the phone with me explaining the extent of my tumor, describing the surgery and potential risks (7-9% risk of hemiparesis), their approach, and various other details.  That was really nice.  However, how can I say for sure who is better between him and the neurosurgeon at UCSF.  He very graciously said I would be well taken care of at either MD Anderson or at UCSF...but that he thought they could do things as well or better.  There just doesn't seem to be a clearly superior path to take...






No comments:

Post a Comment