Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sufficient for the day is its own trouble

Family is now gone, except for my mom.  Was it an effective weekend for the gospel?  It is hard to say.  I never got the one-to-one time I wanted with many of my family members to determine if they have a relationship with Christ.  Now I must continue to pray for open doors and for effective phone conversations.

The graduation ceremony last night was certainly an opportunity to share my faith.  It was another of those experiences where I had loosely-prepared remarks but now that it's over, I can't remember how much I said or didn't say or if it was effective.  There were certainly people crying, including my mom.  However, was it clear that my hope was in Jesus?  Was it clear that everyone could have a hope in him that way?  I pray that that would produce many fruitful interactions in the future, especially with those who don't know Christ in that way.

I was supposed to speak with the surgeon from UCSF tonight, but he did not answer when I called.  I hope we can connect tomorrow.  I start back to work tomorrow.  Hope I can keep up the emotional energy.


The Lord gave me this verse this afternoon as a part of our "through the Bible in a year" curriculum.  He continues to give me a supernatural peace that is all of grace.


[33] But [n]seek first [o]the kingdom of God and his righteousness, [p]and all these things will be added to you.
[34] [q]“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
(Matthew 6:33-34 ESV)

[Cross References]
=======================================================
[n] [ch. 5:6, 20]
[o] ver. 10
[p] [1 Kgs. 3:11-14; Mark 10:29, 30; 1 Tim. 4:8; 1 Pet. 3:9]
[q] [James 4:13, 14]

No comments:

Post a Comment